View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 04:40 AM   #9
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
3 grand to dump the clutch might be high, you'll spin up pretty good and risk tranny and axle damage.

Be sure to go AROUND the waterbox. You do not need to wet your tires to do a burnout, it will hurt your launch.

Don't burnout too much. I just set the e-brake and give it gas and spin them up a bit. My back tires cannot hold the car, I drag them. I might smoke them up a little bit, but the more you smoke them the hotter your tranny is going to get and hurt your e.t.

When the lights come down, leave on the 3rd amber. You'll cut a better r.t. this way. The Mitch method is say BRIGHT, BRIGHT, BRIGHT when the lights are comming down and as soon as you get the BR out of your mouth on the 3rd amber, GO!!! Wait for the gas light, you lost.

Take a little bit of air out of the front tires (maybe to 28 psi) and go from there. I run 25 in my fronts. For fun, increase the air in the back tires to as much as they will hold ( a lot of tires will hold 44 psi ) Less rolling resistance. I usually don't increase mine on a points day, just speical events like import days. A good start might be in the high 30's for the rear tires.

I'd convert the PSI number for you, but I don't know how you measure air pressure in Canada

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177

Last edited by Redog : 05-22-2009 at 04:50 AM.
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote