View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 09:26 PM   #16
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
I have to agree. Wattage is only one part of the equation. The key is to match your speakers, enclosure, and wattage to one another. If you have a limited amount of wattage then go with subs that carry a high efficiency and avoid a sealed enclosure. Unfortunately, the cabin is something we can do little about. As for lanzar, I can't comment on there products. I can say that california, profile, pyramid, and legacy are a huge waste in money. The california and profile were my first amps. I bench tested them when I first got a job for Fujitsu. They were suppose to be rated for 300 and 450 rms but only displaced around 150 and 200 rms before clipping. They may manage to put out 70 percent of there claims but the distortion would be so high you could not use it. The other thing I noticed was that they did not produce the full frequency range. They dipped off rapidly on the scope after 13,000htz. And this was without any built in crossovers.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote