View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
spyder_013
GX Member

spyder_013 is on a distinguished road
Adding Extra Fans and Wiring

I really didn't know what section to put this in, as it pertains to Audio, but also pertains to interior, and since a lot of you wire LED's in, I thought I may get the most help here.

Ok. Even after a quality wiring job and good ground connection, my 4 Channel gets a little warm, so I want to install a few small 12v fans.

What I want to know, is where to wire them to? I want them to be on whenever the car is on. (well really, I want them to be on when the amp is, but the amp is usually on when the car is, so oh well). Obviously the ground, I just ground to the chasis, I am not worried about that.

I have a Kenwood deck installed, it has a Red Wire that is the 12v Ignition Wire/Acc Wire, would I wire my hot/power to that? Also, someone mentioned in my LED thread that I could possibly wire to the Yellow ignition wire, I haven't opened it up, since I am still waiting for LED supplies, but is this an option?

Will this create any problems with Passlock? Anyone have any other suggestions on where to wire it to?