View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:24 PM   #102
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
Pardon my laziness for not backtracking in the thread... but what makes these better than the previous ways people were going about doing this?

Looks pretty slick (other than CORVETTE) written down the side of an alero's caliper. (its a personal preference, i know)

Well, this is one of the first complete C6 front setup anyone has retro-fitted to the Alero. One or two other members (from Canada) has retro-fitted a C6 Z06 setup, but little is known about the details on how it was done. Plus, I think a C6 Z06 setup is completely overkill (not too mention the components are much heavier, and I needed to fit behind 17" wheels.

Most other commonly-available front brake kits use 12" Camaro rotors; these are nearly 13", and despite their size, they are lighter than Camaro rotors.
Also, Corvette calipers are pressure-cast (Camaro calipers are gravity-cast), meaning the Corvette caliper is lighter and stiffer, yielding better performance.

My old Baer 13" brakes used an older-tech C4 calipers, which would flex on me under heavy braking on track days.

To each their own on the logo; KORE3 can get you the exact same caliper without the Corvette logo if you want.