View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #53
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Looking for my thread to stay on topic.

Best place for amps is as close to a good ground point you can get it within reason. Not upside down/inverted unless your amp is specifically designed for it. Also you dont want it tight against something else front wise- best leave room for proper air flow/cooling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpros24 View Post
I agree, you cant just take any speaker to any amp,
Theres alot more to it if your going with a custom system
. If you by a package when speaker and amp are supplied
together it pretty much plug and go not much to set up
besides tuning out in the dash setting. if its custom
you gotta make sure you running the right ohms nd the watts are correct
other wise the amp is gonna burn out, or cut off
its not rocket science. and its always good to go with a capaciter
and run a seperate battery depending how much shit you have tapped into
the power wires, other wise your gonna be drawing alot of power out of your battery thats running your car, thats where the diming of the lights come in
drawing that power

God i miss my system, it had gotten stolen a month after i got it
I had 2 12' AudioBahn AW1206T Flame Q series subs, with a 1500HCJ AudioBahn amp
ran em with 4ohms mono parallel setup, since its a duel voice coil, and that shit thumped
but that was the last one i will ever get, now in my alero i replaced stock speakers with polk audios

Take notes, you need them.

Actually you can take any speaker and put them on any amp- doesnt mean it will function the way you want it to.

Quote:
If you by a package when speaker and amp are supplied
together it pretty much plug and go not much to set up
besides tuning out in the dash setting.

Plenty of things to setup and things to do. There is proper amplifier tuning. There is adjusting filters. Its not all on the head unit... Dont forget aiming of subwoofers, polyfill in the box!!!

Quote:
if its custom you gotta make sure you running the right ohms nd the watts are correct other wise the amp is gonna burn out, or cut of

Whats custom? not opening up a box and pulling an amp, sub, sub box and wiring out? That makes it "custom" ROFL

Of course the basics of Car Audio apply when you pick out your own equipment. I dont understand how the correct watts can burn an amp out or make it cut off? Maybe you can elaborate on that topic some.

Quote:
and its always good to go with a capaciter and run a seperate battery depending how much shit you have tapped into the power wires, other wise your gonna be drawing alot of power out of your battery thats running your car, thats where the diming of the lights come in drawing that power

The basics of electricity will tell you that the battery is not powering the car, the alternator is. With that being said if the alternator is not supplying enough amperage to properly power the amp and the car, what makes you think that it has enough power to charge another battery or maintain a capacitor? It is this exact flawed thinking/myth which has plagued car audio for well over 12 years now.

Quote:
God i miss my system, it had gotten stolen a month after i got it
I had 2 12' AudioBahn AW1206T Flame Q series subs, with a 1500HCJ AudioBahn amp

You must love my avatar then. I piss Audiobahn and shit Pyramid.

Quote:
ran em with 4ohms mono parallel setup, since its a duel voice coil, and that shit thumped

That means you ran them at 1 Ohm. Come on smarty pants!