View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #14
kbubb91
GX Member

kbubb91 is on a distinguished road
i have a 2003 GL coupe and i use 89 frequently(70% of the time i use 89)

i actually do have a findings of better gas milage. first off im a type to adds MMO(mystery oil) to my gas every time i fill up. with that i wanted to use 89 vs 87 cause im using a gas addative and its usually favored to use 89 when you use a fuel injector cleaner or etc. (my car has a K&N cone air intake FYI)

when i use 87 i actually notice i hit a half a tank about 150 miles on trip. this is with MMO in gas. now when i use 89 i hit a half a tank in about 165. its also a difference of 26 vs 28 mpg when i pump and do the math.
for you MMO haters: (my motor runs smooth with MMO, i can tell when i forget to add it in and end up adding it to my gas when i park it anyways, reduces motor shutter and lubricates fuel system parts, biggest difference is my steering wheel isnt vibrating when i start up the car, with the 4cyl its got a shutter on start up)

my drive to work is i hop on a straight 55mph road and drive it 15mi. then it drops to 45 and red lights for about 5 miles til i park it. aka casual care free driving thats not beating on my alero.

thats my findings, thats all it is, dont start a back n forth or pick me apart cause i wont humor you and will ignore you.

Last edited by kbubb91 : 11-06-2014 at 06:51 PM.
kbubb91 is offline   Reply With Quote