View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 08:01 AM   #10
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
From what I remember, the wiring from the monsoon amp to the rear 6x9's was kind of funny. There were 3 wires running to it and couldn't hook up some Infinity kappas to it, so I ended up amping just the rears. I also put some Infinity 4x6's up in the front and hooked them up to the monsoon wiring.

If you are looking for a cheap but effective solution, I recommend getting an Alpine head unit plus the Alpine 4-channel power pack and running some speakers off that. I have not personally had experience with the power pack, but always wanted to get one.

You can find cheap subwoofer packages almost anywhere. I had an Alpine 12" Type R that shook pretty good that I got off Craigslist for relatively cheap. I think it runs at 600Wrms.

If you want to do it right the first time, I suggest running a 4-channel amp and running your speakers off that. You will have to create a custom baffle for the 6.5" speakers for the front though. 4x6 was ok, but doesn't compare to the versatility and range of 6.5"

If you do the 4-channel amp, you might be ok without a sub, but nothing compares to a nice rumble.

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote