View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 04:08 AM   #62
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiguilandry View Post
i'm currently working in a custom kit that will use your car a/c but not to cool the car... to cool the compressed air... gonna make a custom lower intake with the evaporator of the a/c that is in the dash incorporated to the lower intake of the car.... think it will work better than water to air intercooler setup since the new ''core of the intercooler'' will be like at 20* instead of like almost 100*... that's a try but I think it will work pretty good because the a/c never heats up and it ads no weight to the car..

I think you'll find that it won't be able to keep up with the greater continuous air demand and higher temperature differential required by the engine, and also lower heat transfer coefficient. Not that it can't be done in principle, but I doubt it with the parameters of a typical auto AC system....