View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 10:59 PM   #25
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
Quote:
Originally posted by -Alero-@May 2 2005, 02:46 PM
hmmm well, considering i didnt even ask for a definition of what headers do....im gonna still have to ask you.... why would you go from 2.5 in piping (headers) and then downgrade to 2.25 from the cat back?

and at first i could of sworn borla wasnt stainless, it was just normal steel or something, i forget. but anyways aluminum piping will work just as good as stainless. people say it rusts, when it actually just corrodes, but that takes years/abuse.

i give up, put 2.5" on your car. then you can brag to the kid at checkers you have 2.5" exhaust. you need the 2.25 to maintain decent velocity, the headers are 2.5" for different reasons, and your going to have more exhaust pressure at the headers because of all the exhaust combining/scavanging and whatnot, hence another reason why the headers piping should be a little bigger than the rest of the exhaust. your car is also lightly modded, the s&s is also made to accomadate more heavily modified cars, they arn't going to make 2 series of headers for a low demand car. if you were running cams, heads, intake mani's, tb blah blah, then you'd want 2.5" back

and the aluminum does rust, maybe its from the reaction of the weld, whatever it is, mine rusted through. and it does take years, as in 3, thats how long it took mine to rust through. my aurora was lowered, which helped to speed the process, since it was in more contact with snow/water than if it hadent been lowered i guess.