View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 02:22 AM   #26
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally posted by -Alero-@May 2 2005, 03:46 PM
hmmm well, considering i didnt even ask for a definition of what headers do....im gonna still have to ask you.... why would you go from 2.5 in piping (headers) and then downgrade to 2.25 from the cat back?

yeah i have no idea where headers came into this conversation. going big to small from the engine back? good question. doesnt make much sense to me. if you have 2.5" going into 2.25" towards the back its just going to cause restriction trying to squeeze the amount of exhaust in the bigger pipe down into the small one. restriction is bad.

depending on mods 2.25" is good for small 4 cylinders, 2.25-2.5" for larger 4's and small 6's, and 2.5" for larger 6's. 3400's are decent sized v6 engines. you need room to flow that much exhaust. you'll be happy with 2.5". and trust me, 2.5" piping will do you more good than just being able to brag to 12 year old girls that you have a big exhaust. and if you decide that you do want headers, you'll even gain a little more. like i said before, its all about the little gains here and there that add up.