View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 12:52 AM   #33
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by joealmighty13 View Post
come on bj, u cant compare an F-15 to a car. how can u not be impressed with a z06? No it isnt a fighter aircraft with 2 P&W F100 Turbofan engines, but car wise 7.0L v8 with 505HP is pretty nice.

Well, I look at it this way. It's not raw HP that impresses me. It's HP/$

In my opinion, the vette, viper, etc. are way overpriced for the HP you get with it.

When I can buy a nearly-new $12,000 Alero and put less than $5k into it and blow away most high end V8's that cost $40k or more, that's more impressive to me. Besides, if the Z06 is only 500hp or so, they're gonna hate life pretty soon. Only thing stopping me from laying out 600+ HP right now is a transmission that's only rated for 260 ft/lbs of torque

On the down-side, I'm not big-dog on the block anymore. A new guy just moved to town from Michigan with an 11-second GTP. That's ok though, I'm just a transmission away from handing him his ass too. But in the mean time, we're discussing getting together to start a GM FWD race team.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote