View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 01:59 AM   #5
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
Very impressive! Congrats! The tranny is really doing it's job. What rpm did you launch at? Looks like you might need some slicks

Well, i was jumping around trying to get a feel for it since these 4 passes are the first time ive been on a track, the fastest time i launched at around 1500 or so... And got MASSIVE wheel hop out the hole. But strangly ran the fastest time. First one was about 1800, then 3rd i believe was 1300 or so. Then the last i did kinda like i was pulling out of a stop light.

Slicks are an idea. Im sure i could launch the car better around 1500-1800 rpm if i slipped the clutch a little more to prevent the wheel hop out of the hole. Sadly, with so many people there i only got to do 4 passes. So not much room to investigate fully with everything, on the street i can launch pretty well. But this crazy pavement has me trying to find the best way to launch nicely.

Looks like a stock 3400 alero will do a 15.9... I would think with my mods and my tune i would be in the high 14's but maybe its just me. Im sure i could get it in the 14.9 if i got angood launch and my tank was on E again. Slicks would also be beneficial.

Edit: did some digging, since im running baer brakes. And really dont want to swap brakes for drag judt to run a 16 or 15 inch wheel with DR's or slicks, i fogure my best option for now is 2 17" rims for the front and a pair of Nitto NT555R extreme drag radials.... Thoughts?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 08-15-2013 at 04:31 AM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote