View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 08:28 PM   #4
00redse
GX Member

00redse is an unknown quantity at this point
Ha! That gave me a laugh. I really am an enthusiast of these cars, and I want to be a good steward to this one. I don't know if a lot of you know this, but I've been responsible for a bunch of stuff with these cars

My red grand am was the first with an intercooled vortech supercharger running the GM reflash and 2 bar map sensor with the s/c injectors.

Then I bought the GM eaton s/c kit and swapped it. The vortech was nice, but belt slip was a bitch, and the blower sat right on top of the ABS box causing a brake line to rupture. I drove home with the ebrake. A long ways lol.

I was the prototype car for the Pacesetter Exhaust. They used my car for the mock up. Eric from pacesetter helped with the install of the vortech s/c actually too.

I was at Len Dodd SR's funeral. I hung out with Len Jr several times, and he came to my place to trade me motors. I have the Bettyracer's original ecotec and 5 speed. With 500 miles on it.

Len and I built an intake manifold to adapt the M62 from a cobalt ss to the m45 kit from GM. never finished, but We worked on it for a day with a bunch of beer, and all I can say is THAT DUDE COULD WORK METAL. Holy crap. lol. Len and Sus were/are good people.

I think I'm the only one to have a kitted GA and Alero. Certainly the only one with both boosted.

I have the interior (with massaging heated front seats), and IDI cover and spoiler and front bumper from the original AED red car. I had the wheels too, but.... long story.

I have 1 of only 2 sets made of dual posts with LED arrows built in.

I'm looking for a 4 door red GA with a 5 speed ecotec to build. Near AZ, but willing to travel a bit for the right one.

Sorry for the rant.

edit: I actually called i nRichie on the tail light issue. He didn't offer any solutions, but did tell me where the original tail light setup came from. http://www.hitechledproducts.com/ind...211e2bac427548
And he reminded me I've had this car for 8 years now... crazy.

Last edited by 00redse : 01-15-2017 at 08:31 PM.
00redse is offline   Reply With Quote