View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #13
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Ok the crank pulley......impact wrench equals no problem.

The lifter you can use the ones in your motor. However...... I recommend putting the lifters back in the exact location they came out. Also check the lifter face (side that contacts cams) for pits or any unusual wear.

Use the fel-pro gasket kit It works great. I did mine like 6-7 years ago and if you seen pics there is no leakage.

You can do the paint marker method or get 2 dowel pins or 2 punches that fit the pin holes on gears and timing chain housing. If you turn the motor over to line up the center punch mark on crank gear to line up with the mark on the housing and it is at TDC then the holes for the cam gears and housing hole line up and slide pins in and you have timing set.