View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #83
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Just a thought, did you mean from redline in 1st, how much does it drop when it pops into 2nd?

If that's the case, I set the shift point at 5800 under WOT, then it shifts to 2nd and starts winding out again from around 3800 to 4000, well into boost still at that point.

Yeah, that's what I meant, mine is dropping to about 4000 to 4200, which is not too bad after all the years of abuse.

One thing to watch for is, if you increase the line pressure for performance tuning, fluid may be forced out and cause a small leak. What I have had to do is go thru the water box first, then up the pressure via a switch, to avoid getting it on the track. Hopefully yours won't have that problem, though.

With your tranny, you should be able to use stock settings and still get good results.
AleroB888 is offline   Reply With Quote