Thread: Ported Trunk
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #52
Afugy
I poop alot

Afugy is on a distinguished road
Well those rods can (should) have other holes to go into to increase the up pressure on the trunk lid. I moved my'n from the bottom hole to the middle hole and it almost stopped the rattle. The only way to hear the rattle now is from the outside with the system up with the windows up and its hard to hear over the rattling of the heat shield that I still need to fix.

The only way to really relieve the pressure in the trunk it to seal the trunk off totaling from the subs, like I had in my old set up. The trunk already has a way of relieving pressure, there should be a vent in passenger side of the trunk, opens WAY easier then the trunk.

Think, does lowering your back seats really cause the that much of a change in loudness, then why would moving just the port make that big of a difference. What I am really worried about is how setting the port this way and not having a bandpass box will effect SQ and giving you unwanted cancellations (sounding like crap) and you put all that time and money into it for nothing.
Afugy is offline   Reply With Quote