View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #29
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
They are notoriously foul bud. I was having some issues that would not show up in any scan and finally said f-it and replaced them. When I pulled the crank sensor I could physically see that the sensor was slightly "swollen" inside the block. At the dealership we replace a lot of them on the 3400's as the exposure to heat in there really messes them up bad. Even if your not throwing codes, with the stress I know your car has endured, for a 25 dollar part I would replace that one when you can man. Other than the dam MAF it is the sensor that will cause all kinds of crap before they get bad enough to throw a code.

Thanks, I'll do that. Any other advice on how to replace it is appreciated, which brand, etc.