Thread: Turbo
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 09:05 AM   #51
germ

silverbullet, without a tune on your car, i would not run past 7 psi, i would do 5psi personally just to be safe.

and im not to sure about that eclipse intercooler. they are quite small and have very small inlet and outlet pipes. i would suggest at least a 2.25" in/out and using at least 2.25" charge piping (dont do 3", its a waste of money unless you plan on 20+ psi, but thats another ball game there).

if you want to know how i did my setup for under 1800, its quite simple. i took my time and found the best deals on what i wanted. and i didnt always want the best parts. for example, i chose to go with a DSM BOV. that didnt work out so well and cause a LOT of issues. i then just got a cheap $40 EBAY chrome BOV. works wonderfully. you will see that with certain things, you can actually get cheap stuff and it work great. like the BOV and the Wastegate. there are a few sellers on the net that make a knockoff Tial Sport wastegate and is engineered to Tial's specs and works exactly the same and as good. $100 less than the real thing.

you just have to search the net and look for the best deals.

and yes, i LOVED ebay. you can find a LOT of great deals on turbo stuff there.