View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #20
estalero
GX Member

estalero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyisthealero View Post
Tell you what Est. I will send you a couple gold emblems for free! if you pay for shipping! I cant stand seeing that stupid chevy symbol!

I thought about that already as Chevy is rather devalued after they started selling Korean Daewoos under Chevy badge here.

But unfortunately there is an HOLE under that Chevy badge. It seems that they at Oldsmobile factory just CUT out the Olds badge and glued Chevy badge over the hole. Neat, isn't it?

So I have to leave it alone, if I don't want to replace the full front bumper...
But thanks for the offer, Happyis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
excellent lol. how much did you pay for the alero since you said its "rare" over there?

Being rare does not boost Aleros price here though. If we exclude the classics, used American cars will devalue here in Europe much quicker than German or Japanese cars. They are on bar with Italian and French cars, when used. Italians and French have yet to make a one car that is reliable as second hand car. When in good condition, the value of my Alero would be here about 2500€ - $3100. But you have to account that all cars here in Europe, new and used, are significanlty more expensive than they are in US, mostly because of the taxes.

I got it much cheaper as I bought it with some rear damaga from insurance auction.

Last edited by estalero : 12-12-2012 at 02:26 PM.
estalero is offline   Reply With Quote