View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 03:32 AM   #20
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Ok, heres the problems

Launching way too high, 2400 will break the tranny. You are stalling way to much abover the converter lock up. 1000 is what I launch the Alero at. I get better times with 1g than 1200

Are you spinning at all?

Way too much burnout! With cheater slicks you still just need a dry hop. DO NOT GO THRU THE WATER BOX!!! Radals get greasy when too hot, plus youre heating up the Trans too much with that big burnout.

It is way too hot out right now!

When racing, remove the driver side fender liner, fog light, and run a CAI. I gain .5 in the 1/4 that way!

Stock wheels are 28 lbs. Your aftermarkets are probably lighter. Stock wheel and tire are 52 lbs

You have to find the right psi for your car's tires. This is not a set number. Start at stock psi, do a little spin. Like chirping the tires, look at tread and see how much tread marked the ground. Lower 1 psi until all treads are making the ground. Too little psi, the center of the tire will not contact the ground that much. And every tire is different

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote