View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003, 10:03 PM   #16
AleroSS

Quote:
Originally posted by Silentalero@Dec 6 2003, 11:37 AM
/\ huh?

Sorry if this sounds rude but that makes no sense, if they hold a gas charge (now depending if its neon or led kit) then the gas wouldnt crack, its physically impossible. The led tubes well they might be stiffer but still doubtfull.

Turning them on in winter is fine, its not going to loosen the structure of the tubes any. And if your refering to the outter lexan covering cracking, thats not gonna happen either. They outter lexan is a strong flexible and durable material (ge makes it and i deal with it daily) so the odds of a tube cracking because you turn them on is none to none.

The same rules would apply in winter as summer, just watch for snow banks and make sure they are tightly on there. Majority of the reason tubes crack is becasue some half ass installed them wrong and they fall off and your dragging it. (ive seen it done)
Lol, I guess I musta been huffin antifreeze when I typed my earlier statement, but what i meant to say was, with the cold temp's when the lites are ignited in VERY cold temperatures, it puts added wear on the bulbs. Also, if you park in a heated garage, the contrast from cold to warm temps or vica versa can also be a factor. Also, our winter's up here are much colder than some people's are used to, and with the temperatures that we get here, the plastic/lexan tends to get much more brittle than say on a summer day, and this can increase the risk of damage....