View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I have an LS1 MAF in my car, I paid $130 for it at Autozone.

I also programed my car to run the LS1 MAF.

Replacing something like this REQUIRES programing. This is not a plug and play part. At least not for the LA1 motor.

You can buy a CAI on ebay now, usually for less than $100 (probably less than $50) but you'll want to buy a good quality air filter. K&N is really the best option for this. I found that K&N part number RU2430 works very well. They may have filters now that have the inverted K&N on top of the filter too, but for inside the fenderwell (which I don't like using on a daily, others do) the RU2430 works perfectly. Clamps on 3 inch pipe perfectly and just fits inside the well. Also works great under the hood. I paid $35 for mine, but that was a few years ago. I'm sure the price has gone up since then.

I've giving this part number out before, and others liked the fit too

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote