View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 01:25 PM   #1
3.4Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by mfuller+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mfuller)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>All:

We've been waiting for this to happen for some time, and now there is light at the end of the tunnel.
In mid to late March, I will be travelling to Troy, MI to have Digital Horsepower (DHP) tune my PCM. If their results from Grand Prix applications are any indication, this should be very exciting.

What can you expect? I haven't any details from DHP representatives yet, but expect modified air/fuel and spark tables, increased transmission line pressure for firmer shifts, and a raised speed governor. Other options may include thermostat temperature change, final drive change, and forced induction applications.....but, the base package should be applicable to cars with a cat-back exhaust and cold-air intake of any brand. Premium fuel will likely be a requirement. I don't want to speculate on what gains we might see, so please don't ask yet.

No concrete information on price yet, but 3800 applications are about $300, so I'd expect ours to be in the same ballpark. I'll keep this thread updated as I receive more information.[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by mfuller+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mfuller)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Sorry I didn't get in touch with any of you local guys. I left my house at 4pm on Friday afternoon and rolled into the hotel at a bit after 1am MI time - yep, long-arse drive.

Anyway, I can't really report on my car, as there were some problems (On the third dyno pull after establishing 2 consistent baseline pulls, my car decided to puke out all of it's coolant....at 140mph! Made quite a mess, and to make matters worse, this happened at about midnight.) Anyway, my car made 162HP at the wheels - about 205HP at the crank - on a stock calibration; the car committed radiator-suicide before we could tune for power. I'm guessing from what the other NA cars did, there's another 6-8WHP in there. That may not sound like much, but it's a consistant gain across the entire rev band.

There are still a few software niggles to work out, so don't everyone get too jumpy yet (I am surprised my car even runs; DHP didn't have a 2000 base cal so they cut-and-pasted in a 1999 calibration! These guys are incredibly talented.) Once I get a new radiator drain plug installed, DHP and I will get together again and test some more. Once again, this was just a beta test, so it may be a while yet before these are offered for sale. But at least now ya'll know what you can expect.[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc
How has the ASE chip worked out for you? Did you consider any other products, like Jet? What are your HP gains? Torque?
Quote:
Originally posted by Aleromi99
Well fromwhat ASE said about or up to 20hp gain at the engine...
torque about 205-215 stock is 195-200 But these numbers are from what they have , I havent really wanted to put my car on a dyno due to cost..

But if DHP doest it right there i'm N for this...

Just woundering if this will work if u get a turbo? or SC?

Anyway ASE is nice and u get rid of the pesky speed limiter....
<!--QuoteBegin-Final-Reality
@
Most likely the ECU wont have tables for boost, its something they could probably add (neon will probably have to clarify on that one...), but they wouldnt be able to do it unless they knew how much boost you were adding, if you have new injectors etc etc... pretty complicated stuff which is why its so expensive[/quote]
<!--QuoteBegin-14dot3_Neon

I can't add a whole lot to this, but I do know that once you go over 1 bar on a 1 bar map/maf sensor (which non turbo cars have) it will just pound the fuel in an almost constant stream. Not too good for precision.

It is workable for light boost apps tho.
[/quote]