View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 01:36 PM   #2
3.4Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by Final-Reality+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Final-Reality)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I didnt even think the sensor would even properly read a positive intake pressure... are you sure the injectors will just start dumping fuel? It doesnt sound like something programmers would program into injector pulse tables... [/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by 14dot3_Neon+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (14dot3_Neon)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>It won't read over 1 bar, but it will lock on 1 bar and stay there. Usually at that level a lot of N/A computers have the injectors running full open anyway. Part of the reason for this is that a high MAP/MAF indicates a high load so fuel is sprayed even while the valves are closed strictly to cool them down.

I know this is the case with the Ford EEC system, the Neon system and the EFI that was in my Suzuki many moons ago. I don't imagine the GM folks would do much different. [/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by Final-Reality
hmm I suppose, but I doubt you can run much boost before you're running lean even with the injectors wide open

Quote:
Originally posted by Aleromi99
Well the person we should as on that is this guy name homegrown over at the GAGT boards.. He is the only 3400 alero i know that has a turbo..

Quote:
Originally posted by kwicslvr
I tried a jet in my GP and it sucked A$$. Many other's in the Gp community and others I keep base with have said the same. ASE is okay but compared to DHP, well next to DHP there is no other that can compare. It was definately the best purchase I made.

Quote:
Originally posted by 14dot3_Neon
Mopar Now tested the Jet chips for the Neona couple years back. The dyno results showed that the Jet chip **LOST** 5% peak horsepower when compared to the stock ECU.

The car felt faster off the line, but wasn't. The Jet advanced the timing (which gave a bit of a low power boost) and removed the speed limited and that's it! The car also ran REALLY hot due to the timing advance.

I wouldn't put one of those in to a car I was going to sell.

Quote:
Originally posted by DiMedici
The JET module for the Alero, as opposed to the JET chip they tested (not available for Aleros), doesn't advance the timing or remove the limiter, it taps into MAP and MAF sensors and a couple others and plays with their readings. Same company, different product, but that doesn't necessarily bode well.

Quote:
Originally posted by 14dot3_Neon
Eww, a MAP spoofer. I didn't know that. That's awful! Stay away from it.

If one were to check out the 'stang forums and newsgroups for info on Jet products I think you would see similar comments. Everytime I wonder how these jack-offs stay in business I remember that the guys who make the tornado superchargers are still in business too.

Then I cry cuz I'm not a big enough prick do pull stuff like that thus I'm poor.

<!--QuoteBegin-jturkey69
@
hey matt, how can i contact them?
is it better then an ase chip?
has anyone dynoed the ase chip?

i want to get my car tuned, but i want to know which is gonna be better, and available sooner. i know that runnin on the dyno with my curent set-up will prolly offer more than the ase, but i want to know when they are avialable to do this for me.

thanks
jon
[/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-jturkey69

well the ase isnt exactly a chip...its a computer tune, in which you send ur ecm into the company where they tweak it for a lil more horsepower and torque, and ups the rev limiter 500 rpm, and gets rid of that dam speed limiter

ive heard that most ppl are VERY happy with this....oh yeah...it also sends info to the tranny for more pressure in the lines to make a firmer shift.

not sure if i left anything out or not
[/quote]