View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th0r View Post
If you mean stress as in wear and tear, no. There is however a parasitic power loss due to the engine using some of its power to overcome the resistance of spinning the blower pulley. Example; the blower may provide a total extra 80hp, but 10hp of the total could go to power itself, so you'd only see a 70hp gain.

A turbo is more efficient as it is powered by waste gas and requires no effort on the engine mechanics itself to spin it.

that may have been true with older supercharger systems but with a properly designed supercharger system with a bypass valve, parasitic loss is usually less than 1hp....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rida125 View Post
So when you have a turbo in do you do anything special with the EGR?

the first thing i do with my motors, or anybody i help with is delete the EGR system, it is useless and just makes it harder to change your spark plugs...