Thread: DIY retrofit.
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Wink DIY retrofit.

Well. Boredom at work has made me want to reveal the secret. I was gonna keep it a secret. But this site is dead and all I see is sound system threads... WE NEED SOME FKIN EXCITMENT! Well, lucky for you. Im bringing you that today.

I have already made a thread on this on a retrofit forum. So bare with me... im just going to copy/paste my progression up to where im at..... enjoy!

Sorry I already made a thread about this... sp I just copy and pasted all the stuff so I didnt have to type it all out. I will update this often when progress goes on.

Hey guys got all my stuff from TRS. Here I will show you my progress till completion. But also ask you guys questions.... I actually have a few. Lol but pics first then ill move onto questions.

I have 2 drivers side headlights im practicing on before I move to the good lights that are on the car now. Basically getting it down to the T on fitment then recreate it in my good set.

But anyway here is all the stuff.

- Morimoto d2s 3.0
- Morimoto 3five LC
- Osram CBI
- HD relay
- 2 splitters
- e55r shrouds

Had to cut a hole in the bottom for the hi beam solenoid plug.

Hey thanks man. ill give It a shot when the time comes... im HOPING to have this finished in my good set of lights by next monday...

But anyway got home and grabbed a headlight lense to test fitting and a headlight bezel in as well to check for fitment.

Good news: the way I have the projector in clears the lens by about 3/4 of an inch.

Okay news: The bezel clears thr projector BARELY! its close... but works.

Heres a "worry" im thinking about. The headlights themselves of course have adjusters to aim the headlight left to right. And up and down. I have 8k hids in my current lights. And the way I have the headlights adjusted now are perfect imo (dont have a wall pic atm) But does anyone suggest I leave the adjustment on the lights where they are? Lower them a bit? Or raise them? Im sure thats hard to answer without a picture. But unless I put the projector in deeper into the low beam cup. I wont be able to raise or lower the headlight because the bezel is to close to let it. Even when I have a shroud in.

Basically the cups (high and low beam) move when you adjust the headlight and the bezel seats in the channel of headlight assembly and the headlight lens. So it stays stationary.

But its 4 am im losing my mind... need sleep.. anyway here are some pics taken earlier after I got home.

Headlight with bezel on but no lense.

And with lens on and seated.

I did two versions... I like the "after" better then my before. The projector sits in real nice and the cut off is dead straight because the low beam keeps it straight which is nice!

As for the shrouds. Its not set in stone what im going to do. But its going to be tough. Ill just say that... if I cut it in half. The shroud halves would be trimmed to the T And sit flush with the low beam cup. So it looks like it was kind of meant to be..

Heres my first cut. (Before)

New cut (the after) I like this one better. Projector goes in more. And keeps the cut off straight.

Cut off using flashlight with it "mounted" in

Here is a picture of the clearence I have.... this is where I need to figure out shroud work...

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote