View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #5
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Word of advice. Dont do a burn out, and try to go around the water as best as you can. I never do a burn out in mine, as long as i can dodge the water before the light. Wet tires mean no traction.

If you had drag radials or slicks i would suggest one. But the car isnt really fast enough to need to do a burn out. At least in my opinion.

Also if you wheel hop, let out. Its very harsh and can break things.

Ive been to a track 3 times and probably been down one about 20 times total. My car i know can run under 15 sec but i dont go to the track often and do not have my launch down, the pavement there is very sticky unlike the street (of course)

I can make my car shine on the street but when it hits the track its almost like i dont know what im doing because its so much different. Id like to see what my car would run in the 1/4 on a normal road and not the track.

All in all, i just need to practice more at the track to get things down. But meet me at a red light, ill give you a run for your money.

Also, one more word of advice. Once the THIRD yellow light fully comes on, punch it. You will get a good RT. Dont wait for the green. Launch just before it.

My best RT i can remember was .022
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 10-08-2014 at 04:46 PM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote