View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 09:06 PM   #8
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
1500 RPMs is too high. I do 1000 or 1100.

Leave on the 3rd amber, if you don't red light once in a while you're not trying hard enough. .600 is "sleeping on the tree"

go around the water box. I can see your 60' is horrible. My Delta with the Stock 307, running 18.5 @ 72 has a better 60' than that. Go around the water box, stop, pull e-brake, give the gas pedal a little stab. You see smoke, it's too much. Too much of a burnout on a radial will make the tire greasy and slippery, the exact oppsite you want. Water from the water box can stay in the treads and leak down while you're staging, also causing wheel spin.

Bring tire PSI down to about 25 PSI.

Watch the car in front of you. If it's a RWD car with slicks, try to stage your tires where his were (in the grove) If its a FWD car, ricer that wants to look cool, or a RWD car with radials, that run is pretty much effed because he tracked water up to the line for you.

The ported lower isn't going to help you that much because you are only letting as much air in as your smallest opening will allow. Since you are running a WAI, remove the driver's side headlight. If you can get the piping to make it a CAI, remove foglight and fender liner for best air flow.

What "tune" do you have. Tune is a word that get thrown around a lot today. What is "tuned" is it "off the shelf PCM, or was it done with HPTuners?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote