View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 04:24 AM   #11
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckilero7 View Post
Nas Escobar, yes this is what I read for the drl and it continued on to explain how to disable the alc as well at the bcm. However, what kind of resistor would I use to jump the sensor and would I just connect it between the 2 wires? Sorry I've never seen it done and don't know how to do it at all that way. On my 01 camaro, all I did was use a little soldering metal between 2 points on I believe the bcm being the radio and that gave me complete control. I'm definitely gonna do the drl disable at the bcm as that sounds to always work and I still can't figure out what pin to clip on the relay; yes on the 03 you can just pull the relay completely with no problem. I would like to try the resistor at the sensor if possible if I knew how to do it without throwing a svs light.

Sorry for the late response, I haven't had time to come online.

From what I'm told for the ALC, you can use any resistor, but I specifically used a 5ohm, 1 watt. If not that, something similar. The goal is to not go crazy on the resistor, just something that will convince the BCM it's always daylight. You don't need much energy for that.

As far as the DRL, I kept mine in my Camaro because it turns on the front signal lights, not the actual head lights so I don't mind that look. You don't need to mess with any relays at all to disable the DRL before 2003. That's why I posted that quote. That's why I kept the ALC part despite telling you to use a fuse.

The first line specifically says "don't remove the relay" In taking it out to adjust the pin, you're removing it. Lets set that idea aside for a minute.

Instead of grounding it at the fuse, ground the wire at the BCM.

Here's a schematic of the BCM clip's wiring diagram.

I'm not sure if a wire tap on the BCM wire to ground would work, but it would be a good idea if you're scared to cut that wire. You need to ground B4 (4th wire on the bottor row, from the left). Once that's grounded it should disable the feed for the DRL. The theory is that by grounding that, you're gaining control of the headlights. The BCM cannot command the DRL to turn on a light. Try it out, and if that doesn't work then we're stuck at the relay idea. If you have to cut, then try to cut at the center so you can add it back if need be.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote