View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 03:01 AM   #29
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
.......... Anyway.... back to the trans.... the trans is set up to make the shift as smooth as possible for the end user. Great of your a customer that just uses the car for normal, run of the mill, go to work, get some food, take the family visiting, and so on. BUT, for guys like us this will not do! With the shifts set as soft as they are we are doing major damage to clutch plates and overheating the entire unit. Do this too many times and ka-blewy, you are getting towed.
Increase shift pressure, shorten shift times and raise shift points. Also raise the Torque Converter lock up and you now have a trans that will take just about anything a stage 2-3 NA build will throw at it, and will most likely stand up to a good amount of boost if set up right as well. I say most likely because I will be testing this theory as soon as I can when I add 14psi to a Milzy Stage 2 build that runs 14.1 as of now.
I should add too guys, you cannot set this transmission up properly with the factory trans mount, the one at the very front of your car. ........!

Hey, thanks for the tranny tune! Can't I just chain the engine to the frame? lol

I'm at square 1 with a new blower and trans rebuild, motor is on the way out, though Going to mod one step at a time to see the effect of each. Not as much power as the previous build yet, but it's getting to be fun to drive again.

Stock MAF, bored out TB ( to 65mm), stock UIM, (no EGR), stock FPR, 3 inch exhaust, supposed to be a built tranny, with MMGT1 tune. 2nd burnout in the vid, see slight shadow on the dash from tire cloud

Here's a look and listen, pay no attention to old guy driving, he's crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PsQ0Gp9vQw
AleroB888 is offline   Reply With Quote