Thread: 2.4>3400 crap
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #50
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by radomirthegreat View Post
No way I'm losing rep over L67s! The L67 is an awesome engine that lasts pretty much forever. As good as the LA1 may seem, it from the factory makes the power of a 4-cylinder with the gas mileage of a V8. Plus, working on it is hideous. The L67 is so straightforward.

I can see where you're coming from liking the LA1 so much, but the L67 was my first engine that I worked on and started building up, and I really like it.

I don't know any v8 that gets 25mpg, and for the power it makes in its day I would say it was one of the faster cars from the factory v6.

plus you said it yourself.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by radomirthegreat View Post
Also, the 3400 has splayed valves for intake/exhaust. This lets the intake and exhaust air flow have a clearer path straight at the valves so that flow is increased. This actually gives you more power, and airflow increasing mods like a cam or rockers get you much better results than what you'd have with straight ports. Straight ports like the ones on an LD9, 350, 3800, etc. don't let the air as efficiently flow at the valves and into/out of the combustion chambers.

Otherwise, the 3400 is a solid engine that's generally easy to mod and is more powerful out of the gate.

Not to mention that you throw one of the M62 kits on a stock LA1 and it makes way more power than a stock l67.

Last edited by kwhauck : 10-22-2010 at 05:50 PM.
kwhauck is offline   Reply With Quote