Thread: 2.4>3400 crap
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #57
radomirthegreat
GX Member

radomirthegreat is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to radomirthegreat Send a message via Yahoo to radomirthegreat Send a message via Skype™ to radomirthegreat
Kw, I'm not really informed about what you've got under your hood. Is there really a Whipple? (I group it with Kenne Bell, but I know they're two different companies.)

I couldn't agree more that we shouldn't debate superchargers versus turbochargers, but one thing I feel like I need to bring up is the absolute need never to use M62 superchargers. The 91-95 L67s used M62 superchargers and made 215 horsepower, which isn't way more power than an L67, in this case a Series II one with 240 hp out of the box.

Also, the splayed valves thing, they're a benefit to people looking to mod their engines to get more power out of each mod than they would doing the same or similar mods on other engines. It's not supposed to indicate the superiority of the engine or its potential to be much more awesome than an engine with straight-across valve setups.

I hope so far that I've clarified not to use M62 superchargers on anything and also to like the LA1 if you have it but not to dismiss the 3800 as an awesome and beautiful engine. Beautiful, yes.

Dodge Neon ignition coil, S-10 plug wires, modified intake, K&N drop-in air filter, and a Magnaflow cat
radomirthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote