View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks to me like the retaining bracket, the one the single nut holds the handle in place with is gone man? Rattle in the door by chance? I dont see the nut in that picture.
The handle has a post/nut smack in the middle of the handle that attaches to a bracket* GM Part #22656910. I think that bracket has rotted out and you need that bracket.
For the inside handle, when you have the door panel off, follow the rod from the handle to the actuator. At the actuator, the rod can be removed from the clip. You need to put the rod back in the clip a little further than it is now. I think it has sliped a little out of place and you just need to re-adjust that actuator rod. Door should open fine from inside when you do.