Thread: motor blew
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #98
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
ok so update on my car, bought a motor with 130,771 miles out of a 1997 Grand Am for $200 the guy we got the car from said that it has a leaking head gasket but after pulling the engine and trans from the car i looked it over and there are no signs of a leak of any kind on it just poor cleaning, so what im going to do is swap my head for the one on the engine now but its gonna get checked over by the local engine shop (D&R Engines) who have built some really nice stuff then it will be reassembly and back in to my Alero then it will be the task of registering it again after 3 years of sitting, ik i'm going to have to drop my tank and all that cause there was a half a tank of fuel in it when it seized up but i can get another tank for about $200 to my shop so the time consuming process begins as as i can get her here to the shop and dismantled times gonna be easy but the money isn't gonna come as easy.... and if anyone has tips or tricks feel free to let me know hope this all goes smoothly and there aren't too many road blocks

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote