View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 07:25 PM   #6
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonStoltz View Post
That makes sense, my friend has a system of the same power but it fealt much louder and he has 2 subs, only difference pretty much. So always go with dual subs if you can? We are talking about a dual sub enclosure right?

The choice could depend on which box shape and depth you want, and whether you already have a woofer in mind that you know has the output, bass range, and impedance that you want. If you make a 2-section box, one side for each woofer, when one blows up you can still use the other. In theory, I don't think a 2-driver system has an advantage for deep bass. 2 smaller woofers can sometimes have better mid-bass than a single larger one, but not always. In general, you need to go up 2 sizes on a single cone (10, 12, 15, etc.) to outpower 2 cones, but not always. In general, I would take two 10s over a single 12, or two 12s over a single 15. But there still could be a single 15 out there that outperforms those particular two 12s, depending on the quality of build.