View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #11
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
Yeah, I need someone to spell out the appropriate acronym for me as well.

With the pacesetter headers you have to relocate the O2 sensor farther down the pipe. Is that the culprit in the matter? Different sensor altogether if I am reading correctly (And I hope so as well.)

Seems simple enough though. Sensors are typically easy fixes. Nice to see I am not alone in this nor is it uncommon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post

Nah, That would just throw a P0420 code, Not make it run funny.

depends on what o2 sensor is moved. if its O2S1 then it could effect how the engine is running if the ecm cant compinsate for the better air flow in which case you probably would get a "lean" code such as P0171 or any o2 sensor related code (voltage stuck high/low etc). p0420 is cataylest efficency low code and only sets when the cat is no longer working as it should (worn out/broken up) and is triggered by the post cat o2 sensor "O2S2" which is set behind the cat... pretty much the only function of that o2 sensor. i do not belive xanders concern would be caused by the pacesetters as it happens in a lot of these cars stock. i agree that its probably a slow IAC vavle and agree to try and clean it first. otherwise i think there pretty cheap.