View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
So i got a nos kit with bottle warmer, purge sol, brain, bottle, brackets, all hoses and couple of shots. Couple things here...

1. Where would be the best place to put the nozzle in the intake? Between the TB and MAF? or between the filter and maf?

2. Anyone know where to find a ZEX shot guide? I have 4 shots for the kit. One is #38 and i know thats a 75 shot. The rest idk what shots they are and ive been looking for a guide that says what they are but cant seem to find one.

3. Anyone here running NOS? where should i run the T fitting for the fuel?

This is a dry kit btw. Thanks for the help.

This is going to be tricky. I would say put it before the MAF. Some tuners have done it after the MAF dry, but I think it needs to at least attempt to react to the change in 02 input. But you don't want it close enough to freeze the damn thing. Just after the filter would be safest.

I have seen a 75 dry shot successfully applied to an Alero V6 on a dyno, but that was in the thin air of Denver.

I would start with a 35 shot only at wide open throttle, because you MUST retune the PCM for a richer target AFR in Power Enrichment (PE), and possibly adjust the higher range of the MAF table. And may have to pull some timing at wide open throttle.

The problem with that is, when the Nitrous is not in use, the PCM would run it slightly rich at wide open throttle.

If the PCM can be made to react to the change in IAT, in timing and AFR, that can be a good route to go.

There is also a table, "Power Enrich Adder vs TPS" which could be useful.
( HA, I just looked at mine, it was way off for some reason, bet that's what's wrong with my cruise scans. HOT damn )

Good luck!