Thread: 6x9 Enclosure
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 03:18 AM   #2
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
ill do my best, I hope this helps. Im not totally sure which piece your having trouble with but here goes nothing.

1) pull down your rear seats
2) if your looking at the rear deck, you will see, maybe 4 round plugs holding the rear deck in. they are directly above the opening to the trunk, remove these.
3)remove both c pilars, these are located on each side of the car, the plastic between the rear window and the back side windows. you should be able to just tug them off, be gentle, but not too gentle.
4) now you should be able to simply lift the rear deck out and expose your speakers.

I have a 2000 and the speaekrs are held in with some clips. 2 in the front, and 2 in the rear. they should be obvious if you are looking at the top of the speaker. carefully pry either the front two or back two to release that side of the speaker. then you should be able to slide out the old speakers.
The 6x9's I installed simply fit directly into the stock opening without modification. I hope yours do too, if not im sure you could make an adapter, u may have to cut.

Hope this helps.... :thumbsup: