View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 08:13 PM   #11
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by negolien View Post
Yeah I had looked at the kickers.. The price seems pretty decent for the SQ. I' am still about a year off so I' am just browsing but I like those and the more expensive MM's. To be honest I' am not looking to go all ghetto and break windows while going down the street lol. The Jackhammers and the soundstreams actually rattle the crap outta the Alero with only 500 rms. I' am looking to go a little better SQ with the next set. I was actually thinking of going down to 10's. I listen to mostly rock.

Kickers are worth it man. Out of all the subs I've had, Kicker and Alpine are pretty damn hard to fry. One time, I beat up a 12" Kicker C12 (entry level speaker) and it took me 3 1/2 days to actually burn the voice coils. The Comp R's are just hard as shit to fry. 800 watts per sub and they come prewired in series or parallel. You just flip a switch and you can switch the ohm rating. I almost fried my amp with this sub. It can take one hell of a beating. I think it's underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
When I had subs they were purely for beating the shit out of the car. Always had that system up and shaking everything in the car lol

One thing I always liked about the N body was that it wasn't hard at all to make the car shake. Truth be told, I would like another one just to blow my eardrums up haha
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote