View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #9
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by That01Olds View Post
^ You can register a car as classic at only 15 years old in Pennsylvania and they let you personalize the tags too? That's pretty cool.

In Tennessee the car has to be 25+ years old to be registered as an antique auto and they don't let you personalize the plate. The fee for ours is a lot cheaper though. It's only $27.75 to have it done.

They just started the presonlization in September 2014. I thik they have been getting pressered by people in the SE part of the state to allow it. New Jersey has what's called a "QQ" plate. All Antique plates in New Jersey start with the letters "QQ" and the car must be 20 years old. Pennsylvania has a two tiered system for this. "C" which is Classic and must be at least 15 years old and only gets saftey inspection every year, and "A" (25 years and older) which is antique does not require inspection at all. However Antique cars can only be driven from sunup to sundown. Both are limited to 5,000 miles a year.

If it wasn't for personalization, I would be transfering my old Delta's Classic Tag to the Alero. Classic Tags used to be a white plate with purple letters, and Antique is a purpule plate with white letters. Now the Antique plates look like regular plates with only 2 letters and 2 numbers and have a picture of an old car on it. The Classic tags are effing retarded. They have the same like regular issue plates but a box on the left side of the plate saids "PA CLASSIC VECH" and start with "C" and have 5 numbers, but at least you can personalize them.

Used to be $97.50, now it's $75, plus $50 title change fee, and an extra $100 for personlization, and it never expires

Standard personlizied plates were $20, now $76, and this is only a one time fee

They started a "Vintage" plate program now. If you have an expired plate, from the same year as the car, you can pay $75and have that be your plate. Only good for cars upto 1976 though. I guess they don't want to bring up the bad memories of the "You've got a friend" poor English stuff from the mid 1980's

See, UGLY!!

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177

Last edited by Redog : 01-02-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote