View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 01:46 PM   #27
00redse
GX Member

00redse is an unknown quantity at this point
Yep. The turbo, intercooler, bov, boost controller, charge piping, couplers and clamps are all going to be from an ebay setup. I have a decent log turbo manifold, and a turbonetics wastegate. I'm not trying to light the world on fire, just a nice streetable car.

I was originally looking at getting a turbonetics turbo for like $750 and then still needing everything else. I couldn't justify spending so much on a turbo only to still need to spend another hefty amount to get all the odds and ends. Not to mentions the cost of HPtuners.

This is a budget build and if there's a catastrophic failure, I will go get another motor on the cheap. Then I will upgrade what breaks. I also will likely go with an OBX LSD when the time comes to do the clutch.

In the meantime, this should be fun. We'll see what breaks. I've reflashed the car to the gm s/c file w/ 310's and a 2 bar map and tinkered with it a bit. Next step is to fit the HO intake manifold and 62mm TB, then start figuring out charge piping and intercooler mounting. Also need an oil catch can so I can do the PCV setup correctly.

I don't doubt that a gt35r and an equal length tubular top mount manifold would be beneficial, but it's not needed. I'm going the cheap route, but it's gonna get the job done way before I could justify throwing 4x the $ at it. I've got the injectors to go bigger on boost, so we shall see what shakes loose

I might even paint the hood and sideskirts in my garage with a sub-optimum turbine hvlp setup. But it will work, look nice, and 99% of people won't be able to tell a difference.

No need to buy caviar and escargot when I'm putting it on a Digiorno pizza.
00redse is offline   Reply With Quote