View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Broken spark plug

Well i decided to take a look at my spark plugs to see if that was the cause of my bad gas mileage.

I tried loosening them with a ratchet but they wouldnt budge. I put previous ones in and i dont remember tightening them this tight. So then i took my breaker bar and attached it to the extension which attached to the spark plug attachment. And i got it loose. BUT when i got it loose, i heard a pop sound.
Then i took the spark plug out and it looked like this

Problem found right?

It gets worse.

I go to the next one and again i hear the same pop when it breaks loose.
It looks the same as the first one.

Heres where it gets worse.
I go to loosen the third one and yup... you guessed it... it snapped in half!

So now im thinking things couldnt be worse, but of course they CAN!

I try to loosen the last one and the breaker bar starts to move, but slowly. And im turning it completely around, but with force. So im guessing that the spark plug is stripped!
So i go over to my tool box to grab my flash light and i hear this dripping sound. I check under the car and dont see anything, then i look at the last spark plug and i see it filling with... gasoline? (orange in color)
So i grabbed my vacuum cleaner (one that is complete garbage) and i sucked up most of the liquid.

Now!
Wtf happened? and
How do I fix it?

Thanks
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote