Thread: Amp Question
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 11:56 PM   #6
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Before you start buying any new stereo equipment have your altenator, battery, and electrical wires checked. If you are dimming off of that amp (which would be lucky to pull 20 amps at peak) then something else is wrong. Our altenators are pretty unreliable. If it is over three years old, it is probably needing replaced. On the same note, I bought my car new and have had to replace the battery twice in three years. Even though it was still under warranty I went ahead and bought a decent aftermarket. You don't have to go with a deep cell, just a good battery. If you have done any work on the car, like changing the altenator, battery, or hooking up your amp then check the cables. You may have corrosion or a loose connection. Example. I bought a used honda accord and put a amp in it. Shortly after I started having problems with my electrical and radio. My lights started to dim and I thought it was my battery or alt. I actually purchased the new altenator only to find out that the altenator ground had come loose.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote