Thread: sub no amp?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #10
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
The only subs I know of that don't require any sort of amp are the Bazooka subs. Those, you simply hook up to the battery or the remote turn on lead IIRC and you'll need the RCA cables for them. The only thing about Bazooka subs is that they don't hit hard because they're in a "NOS" bottle looking tube. It's better to get a sub box, and get the 10/12s to get a nice thumping sound system.

Also for the record, our cars can handle up to 2 gauge pretty well. I have a Boston Acoustics amp that's pushing out 900 watts RMS to 2 12 Alpines. They thump really hard and don't drain the battery. That amp uses a 4 gauge wiring set up.

Truthfully, go for it. You'll be glad you did. Also, use your resources. I have a system in my car that's nothing but savings. Only spent $500 on the whole thing. A big chunk of that was the amp, but the amp I have is worth $400 alone. I got it more than half off brand new online hahaha
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote