View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #20
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
I found a leak in the compressor today...looks like it's time to replace.

And accumulator/receiver-dryer, and orifice tube, and flush all lines. And ideally some Nylog Blue to do the O-rings with.

Don't half-do it, or you'll get to pay twice for the compressor.

And STILL pay to replace the other parts, too!

I did find this kit on eBay. I didn't see what size motor you had, so verify, Verify, VERIFY if it fits or not for you.

You'll also need the R134a refrigerant, a gauge set, and a vacuum pump.

You'll also need a flush kit and the flush chemical.

The vacuum pump and gauge set MAY be available on a loan-a-tool, the flush kit certainly is at Advance and Auto Zone. If not, Harbor Freight has a perfectly servicable set of both gauge set and vacuum pump (hint: For a single car, you don't need the big pump, just let the little one run longer.)

The refrigerant - ideally, you'll weigh the charge going in. That's a bit hard to do on the small cans, but I doubt you can possibly justify a 30 pound canister of R134a (like I could with the *counts* six or seven cars I help maintain in the family ... )

Anyway ... Didn't want to hurt you worse, but that's what you'll need to look at.

I'd HIGHLY consider a new serpentine belt at the same time, but I'm all too familiar with what happens when you ignore Mrs. Case's son, Justin. Their uncle Murphy tends to light and stay a bit ...

RwP

Last edited by RalphP : 07-20-2013 at 09:42 PM.
RalphP is offline   Reply With Quote