View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 12:39 AM   #133
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post
what about this build isnt a wide body ? cause its not an off the shelf kit ? he is taking fender flares and molding them into the fenders making the body of the car wider, last time i checked the fenders were part of the body, since there is no "wide body" kit for the alero I guess one cant be made
First off, you really dug yourself into a hole. Name one person that said a widebody had to be bought off the shelf? Where did you pull that from? Don't make comments that have no basis to the ongoing conversation. Oh, and last time I checked, widebody literally meant the widening of the body. I've personally never heard of a widebodyparts kit, but that's just me. From your reasoning, wheels are part of the "body" as well, so all he really needs to do is put on some 3 inch wheel spacers and BAM! INSTANT WIDEBODY, right? You can't accentuate a portion of the whole and warp it up in a fits-all title. Do you call a car with only an aftermarket front bumper "kitted"? Fender flares" can give a car that widebody look.....................................but it's not a true widebody and shouldn't be labeled as one until it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post
lets get in a pissing contest over what a "wide body" is......... who the eff cares
People who know the difference care. You can't come on a website and call your project something that real car enthusiasts and bodywork people know it's not. It makes it hard to put faith in his work if he can't even give his work a proper name. That's like me starting a thread called "Twin charging project" and all I have are two of those eSupercharger electric craps plumbed between my TB and CAI. Asking why this isn't a widebody kit only shows how much you're NOT in "the know". I asked him if he was gonna change the bumpers and sideskirts as well. He said he was. He knows what I meant about it being a widebody. Apparently, you don't. So don't pick up arms in a battle you aren't "knowledgeably" equipped for.

And volfen, be careful of who you allow to be your mouthpiece. Character is also determined by the character of the company you align yourself with. And you said in one of your posts you weren't gonna respond to any of the crap because it was beneath you. Don't be a hypocrite. Heed your own advice and oldsnuts' :Unless you're gonna stop being baited by every putdown said, dont post again in this thread until you're finished. If you keep this up, you're gonna finish the car and come here looking for accolades, only to get crapped on not because it doesn't look good but due to you being an ass during the process. And I'm late to all this, but from what I read, your credibility here is mud. If you want to be a key member bringing something new to the community and want respect for your work, then act like it. But if everyone who gives advice or criticism, good or bad, is a hater, you might as well leave the board now. It's already overrun with aasholes.
Your father is mistaken

Last edited by CiscoPath : 04-13-2009 at 12:59 AM.
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote