View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 12:26 PM   #28
02eco

Quote:
His name on www.grandsontario.com is 02eco. His name is Brian
That's me! My car was running 15.30's, not very fast. It has cams in it which are working against the blower because I'm losing vacum. The cams come out Tuesday for a more effective grind, they went in long before the blower. Plus the adjustable timing gears are set up for a naturally aspirated engine.

The cams are for sale in the classifieds.

I ran a few 15.3's, capable of lower as the car is now, with the 2.1 60ft on a crap time applied to my best time, I'd have a 15.2. Better than the consitent 16's before the blower. The times were run with my 17 inch wheels on, normal tire presure, full interior and just over a 1/2 tank of fuel. I like to run the car as it is mostly on the street.

My first race was against Mike. He would always jump out first, about half a car length but then once the blower kicked in, I got into 3rd gear over 4500rpm, I'd start pulling on him, I think I barely beat him by a hair at the line. Funny how OHV & OHC races work out. I figure I'm in the 200+ hp range now based on our races.

After the cams come out and a few timing gear adjustments, I should be running mid to high 14's consistently, which is my goal. Thanks for posting the pic Mike.