View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #36
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiLo View Post
i don't think its the alternator. to be honest with the way how this is going i think its the starter or the PCM.

i did this as well when i took the spark plugs out. but as i said, it won't turn over so i don't think anything is mixing at this point anyway.

The PCM does what exactly? is that the main computer chip is that why you need to program it? and do i have to take it to the dealer so they can program it?

The PCM is the command center of the engine. It will tell the engine when it needs fuel, when it needs air, when does it need to adjust it's a/f mix ratio, etc. Without it, the engine won't even start.

Also, if you can, take out the starter and take it to get it tested at the parts store. I know Advance Auto and Auto Zone can do this, but not so sure about pepboys and the others.

As far as the dealer thing, you don't necessarily have to if you get it from another 2004 Ecotec N body BUT you might have VIN issues. I think this is a question better suited for Milzy or Ben @ WOT Tech.

I know you can call up milzy and ask them this and they'll gladly help you out.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote