View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
.......................Just as an FYI, I have injector cut disabled (disable zero injectors) on all my trans abuse tables. Can't afford the engine to nuke under boost.

For that matter, I also have injector cut on my RPM/speed limiters set slightly above my shift RPM @ WOT as well.

This way, there's no possibility of injector disable at any point other than a slipping trans...............................

Yeah, thanks, I am going to look into adjusting the other tables now, and I have always had the rpm limiter set to 7000. So it's most likely a trans abuse mode is triggering the cuts.

I did find one obscure trans table : "WOT Shift RPM vs. Shift - Hot," which stock is set to force a 3-to-4 upshift at 4490 RPM ( for "Transmission hot mode shift speeds" ). This seems to be the point that the limiting occurred, so I will set it to 5600. Of course, a better solution in that case is just to put the shifter in 3rd gear and leave it there. In between gears there is a lot of potential for slippage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic28 View Post
Nice.... defenetly would of been on the 12s. Are you trying race gas at all???

I haven't tried race gas in a few years. If it's available I may throw some in.

Another thing is I stepped up the fuel pressure above 60 for the last run. Set at about 58, the fuel trims zero out when the IFR is set to 28, which is the injectors rating. That's good, but going any higher on the fuel pressure has consequences for drivability, and the Fuel Pressure Regulator gave an audible complaint at key-on. Larger injectors are called for, but I need to modify the intake configuration to make them work. Anyway, my other sets of injectors and specialty tools are not available to me here, so I am limited with making this present hardware work.

Sheesh, 1/4 mile in a straight line, but there's 60,000 variables. Ya gotta love it.