View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #10
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
I've been having that problem too. It's getting more often though.

My IAT is orginal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake View Post
Mine does that too, like it will surge when im pulling to a stop or Ito my driveway. You guys mean IAC not IAT right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorello82 View Post
Mine Does it too. IAT is intake air temp sensor right? I'll give it a shot.

Your IAT would cause hard shifting and an SES light if it was bad, Clean the Idle Air Control Valve first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
Yeah, I need someone to spell out the appropriate acronym for me as well.

With the pacesetter headers you have to relocate the O2 sensor farther down the pipe. Is that the culprit in the matter? Different sensor altogether if I am reading correctly (And I hope so as well.)

Seems simple enough though. Sensors are typically easy fixes. Nice to see I am not alone in this nor is it uncommon.

Nah, That would just throw a P0420 code, Not make it run funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
mine does it every now and then...it does it more when its warm and/or is pushed hard right before stopping than when not.

That's the slow worm gear servo drive in the sensor SLOWLY adjusting. They need to have that drive to be strong, mine does it too, it never bothered me because the car never died.